Monday, August 11, 2008

I should probably register to vote.

So as of Saturday the ninth at 1:56 pm, I have legally entered the world of adulthood. Of course, aside from granting me voting rights (yes), concerts-in-athens rights (yes), smoking rights (no), and a few other mostly worthless rights, this means nothing. Adulthood is a sham! I don't think anyone ever really feels like a grown-up.
I had a small-ish party, which was fun. My gifts included, but are not limited to: 
  • a five page vocab list in a folder decorated with creative magazine collaging--Johnny Depp's head on a lobster! (and some thoughtful, heartfelt CDs)
  • a melted Frosty from Wendy's
  • Nick Carpenter's hair
  • A shirt that celebrates my annoying habit of correcting other people's grammar/mechanics mistakes
It was good seeing people, although it hasn't sunk in that I probably won't see some of those people again for a undetermined amount of time.

I used birthday money to buy a really awesome pair of vintage sunglasses. I am counting on them being worth it; if not, American Apparel has a 45 day return policy. I also bought a Sufjan shirt! Because you can never have too many t-shirts. 

I move in to my posh dorm/apartment/penthouse on Friday. I am extremely excited. I bought a trunk, so I feel like I am going to Hogwarts. I really need to start packing. 

No comments: