Wednesday, December 17, 2008

oh, hello

and this is what you have missed in the past two months of absent blogging:
  1. I lost a computer, camera, and iPod ("lost" isn't really the best word in that situation, actually)
  2. I lost a friend (it's not here, either)
  3. I discovered Candler Park and how lovely it is
  4. LeFlash! (bizarre art festival in Castleberry Hills district. I don't think I'm enough of a serious artist to understand it. I'm okay with this.)
  5. I got dumped
  6. I had a lovely Thanksgiving with my family
  7. I saw Twilight (hilarious, if you're wondering.)
  8. I had quite a few waffles
  9. I made a new friend
  10. I found a new church (Trinity Vineyard)
  11. I found the beginnings of new friendships
  12. I got a new computer
  13. I have a semi-functioning iPod
  14. I am going good places.
  15. I fell madly in love with drawing letters.
Something good that has come out of my camera being stolen is that I have had time to devote to the areas of the arts that I have been neglecting: namely, art by hand. Tonight I took it upon myself to draw this turtle. Turtles are not easy to draw. They are incredibly frustrating. I hate turtles. But I forced myself to do it, even though it took me half an hour to get up the courage to put a mark on my paper. Typical Cara. I'm happy with how it turned out though. I'm going to revamp my apathetic tortoise design for Threadless and see what happens.

Tomorrow I'm getting up at eight am to make muffins. It's 4:19 AM. Why do I do this to myself?

3 comments:

Leah said...

it's 9 am and i am eating cereal. where are my muffins?

Leah said...

you also forgot to mention that you're trying (but not very hard) to sell your pictures

Abby Lee said...

i will make the muffins!